Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

age and Bikram

I’m nearly 62 and have been practicing yoga with classes at the YMCA for about 4 years, plus I have always been very active with walking, water aerobics and tai chi. I decided I would like something challenging so I bought a Groupon for the Bikram studio near my house.

I am not in week 5 of practice and I’ve been going about 4-5 days a week and really love it. I would like to know if there are others on the forum who took up Bikram when they were over 50? If so, I’d like to know what sort of benefits they noticed over time.

I know I am not nearly as flexible as the younger members of class. My neck and spine are not bad but certainly can use improvement. I was wondering just how much improvement I could expect to see over time. I realize if I keep practicing that flexibility will improve but I’m not sure I can ever get my neck flat on the floor in savasana or grab my ankles in camel. In full locust I can only raise my legs about an inch!

Is it too late for my body to really do all these poses?

Joan


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment