Pages

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Help! Advice Needed! Bad Practice Week! :(

Hi,

Thanks for your super fast reply - i really appreciate it!!

The room is heated to 105 degrees and can be very humid at times - depending on how many people are in the room. Usually the heat doesn’t bother me but recently i find it unbearable.

Yesterdays class in particular had a lot of people sit out - it was surprising to see so many people from the front row sit out.

I just researched heat exhaustion and these are the symptoms I have:

heavy sweating (this is given - considering it is in yoga - but i dont experience this otherwise)
dizziness
extreme tiredness
feeling sick
a rapid heartbeat
urinating less often and much darker urine than usual - (yes even though I am drinking a lot of water!)

so maybe it is heat exhaustion that I am suffering from?

I used to drink a lot of coffee but since practicing bikram yoga - the thought of coffee makes me feel sick. So my intake has reduced, however because i am feeling so tired recently, I have been drinking 2 mugs a day

With regards to salt - I use Lo Salt - as I suffer from High blood pressure at the age of 27! :( I am 5ft 10 and weigh 80kg (just to provide context)

Hope this helps


Thanks again

Namaste

Devi


View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment