Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Need to loose fat ...Suggestions needed


Old 10-26-2013, 01:31 AM 
Need to loose fat ...Suggestions needed Hi,

I started doing yoga in 2009 continued till 2012. I did asanas and pranayamas on a split routine, meaning one day of asanas followed by one day on pranayama.


I am 5ft 5". My current bodyweight is 80kgs. I want to reduce it to 60kgs.


I have a huge amount of belly fat. I got fat on my chest too.


I have started weight training for last 3 months.


I want to start yoga again. I go to the gym 4 times a week so I got 3 days left.


I am looking for a routine that will burn fat effectively.


I am really frustrated with my body right now so please understand and dont take this in a wrong way. GIVE ME TRIED AND TESTED SOLUTIONS ONLY.

__________________
Yoga is life. Old 10-26-2013, 02:44 AM
InnerAthlete's Avatar Tried and tested solutions abound. Unfortunately such things work differently depending on other factors in the formula.

Weight loss questions, I believe, are best posed on a forum specific to that goal. Despite what some members of the community might assert or opt to believe, there is nothing in classical yoga relative to body fat, weight gain, or weight reduction per se. An active asana practice certain has similar physiological effects as "other" activities but Yoga itself can not possibly be called a "weight loss system".


More to the point, it seems from your post like you have the activity part of the formula covered quite well. If that is true AND you are still not seeing changes in your body then the bottle has stopped spinning and points to your diet.

__________________
Gordon Kaplan
President, Team Yoga
http://www.teamyoga.com/
- - - -
Certified Purna Yoga Teacher (CPYT)
RYT-500, ERYT-200, IAYT,
M.S. Kinesiology, Indiana University Old 10-26-2013, 09:43 PM I second Gordon.
Everyone is different, what works for one may not be effective for another.

Try focusing on any kind of exercise that raises for heart rate and gets you moving vigorously. A gym instructor or personal trainer will be able to give you a fitness test, asses your needs and give advice on exercises to do.


You may also need to look at your diet, and check with a professional about what changes are needed.


Good luck and good health to you and remember that there are no "quick fixes" and if something looks too good to be true.....it probably is.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:13 PM Most important You need to eat some fat to loose fat.

Soak 4 almonds in water over night and chew them thoroughly to a mass and take a new big glass of water and drink it and then you do your asanas without any breakfast or a brisk walk for an hour. When you take almonds first thing in the morning it will avoid your body going into starving mode. Provided that you eat healthy and avoid snacking, sodas and aspartame sweetened things.


Try it for 3 weeks if it does not work for you and your belly fat at least it is healthy for your body and is said to lower blood fat lipids.

Old 10-27-2013, 08:52 PM
om_namah_shivay's Avatar Originally Posted by fakeyogis View Post Most important You need to eat some fat to loose fat.

Soak 4 almonds in water over night and chew them thoroughly to a mass and take a new big glass of water and drink it and then you do your asanas without any breakfast or a brisk walk for an hour. When you take almonds first thing in the morning it will avoid your body going into starving mode. Provided that you eat healthy and avoid snacking, sodas and aspartame sweetened things.


Try it for 3 weeks if it does not work for you and your belly fat at least it is healthy for your body and is said to lower blood fat lipids.

I will try your advice from tomorrow but I will have to calculate the new calories that will added due to the addition of almonds.

Right now I am on a 300 calorie deficit in comparison to my TDEE.

__________________
Yoga is life. Old 10-28-2013, 04:44 AM Dont care about the calories its maybe 10 grams of almonds. Just weight it and small size is around 4 grams. so i guess its less than 10 even if its bigger size.

You say your self your not loosing anymore maybe your body is in starving mode due to 300 less calories. We are all different maybe your eating to little. If one is 10 kg overweight and do workout and yet not loosing fat. Then your following a standard which might be standard for you.
We are all different so if we follow something that is not working it tells us it is not for us.
Look at your body it will tell you what works or not but do not be scared of fat, fat is likely to help you to loose some pounds. Soap is made from fat and it removes fat.

Old 10-29-2013, 02:35 PM Originally Posted by om_namah_shivay View Post Hi,

I am looking for a routine that will burn fat effectively.


I am really frustrated with my body right now so please understand and dont take this in a wrong way. GIVE ME TRIED AND TESTED SOLUTIONS ONLY.

Everything you do already will be helpful, i mean your routine. The most helpful thing is to EAT LESS...( and preferably raw and organic) is sounds too simple and too difficult to follow for most people. When my clients say that they eat absolutely nothing ans still not losing/gaining , I reply : " there were no one fat in the nazi concentration camp" . No food - no extra pounds. That's it. You juts have to figure out how many calories you burn vs how many you put into you system. I have seen a lot of people *(including myself) who lost a lot just by fasting and eating plain food. AGAIN , it is not might be easy for you as it were for me. I had no problem to refrain from food for 3 days and not to indulge after that(which ruins lots of diets people follow). As well i have no problem to refrain from food and drinks on the social parties. The caveat is that if you let yourself to eat "prohibited food" just once, when more likely it will happened again and again. Among other benefits, Yoga teaches us self discipline, which is helpful on the way of loosing extra lbs. Yoga (i mean real yoga, and following the routine you doing) will help you not to gain again once you loose.

A little tip : some chemicals like soaps, laundry detergents, air fresheners, candles, perfumes, etc... might contribute to hormonal imbalance, and cause u to gain more (cause they mimics estrogen). But again...no food - no wight gain, no matter of hormones and ftuff.


The best reading i would suggest is not about dieting, or exercising, but about willpower. The one good book on willpower is by Roy F. Baumeister and John Tierney , few dollars on amazon


good luck! let us know how are you doing! I would like to follow up with you, seem like you can do it

Old 10-29-2013, 06:37 PM What happened when those in nazi camp had food available? They ate them self to death so they had to give them a ranson and slowly build it up. So its not a healthy recommendation imo.

What if he now restrict his diet even more because his mind is fixed on weight loss? When mind gets stuck on something it can become dangerous like anorexia. Thats pretty serious.

Old 10-29-2013, 10:41 PM
om_namah_shivay's Avatar @CityMonk

I too can stay away from junk food completely so thats not an issue at least for now. I can't fast for very long, not for even a day. Beside doing weight training 4 times a week I have restarted my yoga practice coz I realized that looking lean and muscular can't be more important than being healthy internally.


I started practicing yoga from 2007 and continued till 2012. This gap of almost a year has effected my flexibility. I can no longer do asanas like ardhachakrasana properly. I hope I will regain my flexibility soon.


I will surely check out that book and write back about my weight after a month.


@fakeyogis


Some years back I was on a ridiculously low diet and the result was quite dangerous. I fainted on the road. It was for a about a minute or so. So I am never going to do that again.

__________________
Yoga is life. Old 11-06-2013, 05:06 PM I forgot to say you can try evco it can make you shed some pounds and keep you fuller even if not exercising , i lost 5kg last winter instead of gaining by laying in my sofa in 3-4 months time. Google how to use it and start very slowly. Try different brands if you get side effects like stomach ache or extreme hunger or extreme sweating like i got from some brand ,then lower dosage or if thats not working find another brand till you get a good one. With evco i also ate muesli every morning with nuts at 30% fat content. Yet i lost 5kg.

evco is the best ive tried for loosing weight and eating whatever i felt for. Except for candy. If i was demanding any sweet i ate 90% chocolate.

Old 11-09-2013, 07:18 PM O_M_S, can you give a rundown of what a typical day of eating and drinking looks like for you? What specifically do you eat and drink through the course of the day?

Thanks.

Old 11-10-2013, 08:15 AM
om_namah_shivay's Avatar Originally Posted by David View Post O_M_S, can you give a rundown of what a typical day of eating and drinking looks like for you? What specifically do you eat and drink through the course of the day?

Thanks.

Breakfast : 2 boiled eggs, 2 slices of bread with mayo, Indian tea.

Lunch : 4 Indian roti (click here) , mixed vegetables 2 cups, chicken curry


Snacks : Chicken soup


Dinner: Same as lunch.


Sometimes I replace chicken curry with fish curry.

__________________
Yoga is life. Reply




View the original article here

0 comments:

Post a Comment